meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Friday, May 11, 2012

30 Days to Go!

Today is May 11, 2012! Yes, this is a pretty ordinary date {unless you were married on this day OR it's your birthday}! For the hubby and I, this is the start of the 30 day countdown till we reach our 1st Wedding Anniversary!! It is hard for me to fathom how quickly the past year has flown by! I can't wait to celebrate this first year nor can I wait to celebrate the next 50 years of our life together!

In honor of our 30 day countdown, I wanted to share our first dance song with y'all! We actually had a hard time picking a song for that infamous dance! I liked many songs that were popular at the time like "Smile" by Uncle Kracker and "Hey Soul Sister" by Train, but I felt they were too "poppie" and didn't express our taste in music or style. Somehow {and I can't remember exactly how} I ran across what would end up being our song. The lyrics really fit us to a "T", like the lines, "You give me life my dear, you give me strength to beat the odds and overcome my fears", "You make me feel like I belong under the sun", and "And you know that you got my tomorrow baby, today and yesterday"! Simply perfect for us and it really expressed our feelings and emotions towards one another.

Take a listen!! Hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did! I could literally listen to it everyday ALL day {a wee little secret: I pretty much do}!




Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and does something super special for the mother's in their lives! I know we are!! Can't wait to share all the details with y'all!!! See ya on Monday!!

Xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. aw, i adore this song! i like the idea of using 'non cliche' songs for a first dances- it makes it so much more unique and your own :) we danced to coldplay's swallowed in the sea and i am guilty of the same as you- listening to it on repeat for days at the time ;)

    ReplyDelete