meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Wife's Perspective

My old roomie and mother of a precious 9 month old, Mrs. In Training, shared a post last week titled "A Mother's Perspective".  Although I may not be an actual mother (to some, puppy momma's don't count) I still wanted to post about how my life and perspective has changed in the last 5 years since I have matured and become a wife.

An Hour
5 years ago: sleep 9 hours and then add an hour to that!
Now: The time I give myself each night to make dinner and have it on the table.

Ten Dollars
5 years ago: I never thought about money 5 years ago and had no problem spending it!
Now: That's pricey for accessories and costume jewelry!

Running late
5 years ago: Never occurred to me since I only usually worked evening shifts and had plenty of time to get ready and get where I needed to be!
Now: I get up 5:30 am, walk the dog, feed the dog, get myself ready, make my coffee, get my lunch together, pull something out to defrost for dinner, put the pup in his crate, head out the door, and then get stuck in traffic! No matter how early I get up and how early I leave the house, I'm at least 5 minutes late for work!

Bad Hair Day
5 years ago: My flat iron wouldn't straighten my hair perfectly straight
Now: Who cares if its curly or straight, I'm not trying to impress anyone at work. Praise the lord for the Sock Bun!

Late Night
5 years ago: Working or staying out till 3 a.m. and waking up hugging the toilet
Now: Late is staying up to see the 11 o'clock news


I know it's not much for today, but after a busy weekend I couldn't come up with anything more creative!! So thank-you Mrs. Kelly for inspiring this post today :)

Hope you lovely housewives have a wonderful Monday!
Xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. I am so behind on blog reading haha. Great comparisons! xoxo

    ReplyDelete