meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Window Woes

As I posted last Monday in my Weekend Recap, y'all know that I am now looking for window treatments for one of our two guest rooms. I thought this would be a simple task, my how I have been proven wrong! I am trying to keep this on a budget, but from the looks of it, I may have to spend more than I really want!

Sunday afternoon I visited a total of 6 stores and yesterday on my lunch break I popped into another. How difficult is it to find white grommet panel window treatments!? They either looked too cheap, didn't have them in stock, or were just more than I wanted to pay ($60.00 for one panel...really?? I need 3!). 

My dear friend Kelly, who I referred to yesterday, told me to try Ikea AND an hour later my step-mother in law showed me her WHITE GROMMET PANELED curtains she bought from.... you guessed it... Ikea! The only problem is, I would love to see ALL that Ikea has in person, too bad I live 2.5 hours away from the nearest store. I was thinking I may just have to bite the bullet on this one and order them on-line, however their on-line selection isn't giving me much to go on. I may just have to make the trip, not to mention Kelly has tempted me with the idea to come crash her sweet abode if I drive up! It has been way overdue for me to pay a visit and see her precious baby girl! 

My other predicament is actually deciding if I want them to be a sheer fabric or not! I know sheerness will add an airy feel to the room, but I feel it already has that with the paint color and beachy decor, not to mention once I change the bedding to all white with the turquoise accents it will be airy and clean. I think going with a heavier fabric would add a crispness to the room. I may have just decided, while typing this to buy both, try them to see what I like best, and then return whichever I don't like! Hehe! I love writing out my thoughts! 

I seriously never thought decorating my home could be soooo difficult! I love so many different things and hate settling on something because I may change my mind later! I really think that is why I have to limit myself to "one room at a time", although I did buy some pretty artwork yesterday from Kohl's for the dinning room, since it was on sale! If I limit what I am looking for to what it is I want for that exact room, I can't be distracted by other decor and ideas! At least that's what I'm going to try to keep doing! We will see how it pans out! 

I love love love the look of this room and I am pulling inspiration from it! Hopefully I will love the end result! I'll be sure to keep y'all updated on the progress!! 


Hope you sweet ladies are having a lovely sunny Tuesday!!! 

xoxo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment