meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Friday, June 15, 2012

Our Wedding Day - The Details!

Now that you've traveled through Old Towne Portsmouth with us, seen us get ready, walked down the aisle with us, and partied into the night, all that is left to share are all the amazing details of our wedding day!

Just a little back story, my Pappa {who left us to join the angels this past December} was a hoarder! Not a trash hoarder like you see on the TLC show, but a junk hoarder. He hoarded stuff at his home, at properties my mother owned, in properties his friends owned, my mothers own back yard and woods, basically any space he could use to store and stash items, he did! When cleaning up the wooded area on the outskirts of my mom's land, where the wedding was going to be held, we found some serious vintage items, like the door for our alter backdrop! Not to mention my mom is big into the Victorian era and her home is full of antiques, vintage items, and shabby chic treasures! We basically hit a gold mine as far as my Pappa's hoarding and Mom's decor was concerned! The majority of the decor and furniture were already ours! Our wedding stylist Amy with Style by Design was in heaven and did a superb job at setting everything up!!

The chairs used at our sweet heart table were my grandparents who passed when I was still in highschool! I was really glad we used them as it was like a small piece of them was there celebrating with us! We incorporated lots of burlap, pearls, and lace! Our favors were Homemade Ice Cream treats, which contained, rock salt, creamers, and vanilla powder. When you add ice to the jar and shake, it makes ice cream! Another fun fact, the vases at each table - they were plastic! We bought 20 clear plastic vases and painted them white to look like milk glass! No one could tell the difference!

Side note! We had to do a reshoot of our wedding portraits! Todd ended up over heating during photo session time and actually had to go inside to take a breather on the wedding day! Well that cut into photos of us! So a month later, we got dolled up again, and our awesome photographer came out and shot a ton more photos of just the two of us! I wanted to share this, because I'm honest and I want y'all to know that not everything went picture perfectly on our day! But it worked out, we got some fabulous photos, and the second shoot was way more enjoyable because we weren't being rushed around and tossed in fifty different directions!

Enjoy our little details!!!




















































Vendors Showcased in this post:
Caterer: The Green Bean Cafe
DJ: Ernie Hefferon
Cake: CakeMaker ~ Alicia Patterson
Wedding Stylist: Style By Design
Florist: Bowman's Garden Center
Vintage Furniture: Something Old, Something Borrowed Vintage Event Rentals
Videographer: LNRpro
Wedding Gown: David's Bridal
Bridesmaid Dresses: Maya Couture ~ Alfred Sung of The Dessy Group
Groomsmen suits: Maya Couture 
Groomsmen ties: The Dessy Group
Photographer: Dana Duncan Photography

After the wedding, my mom and I decided to start our own Vintage Event Rental business with ALL of the awesome and unique pieces we found! Check out our Facebook page, Something Old, Something Borrowed {Vintage Event Rentals}!

Wooohooo it's Friday! I hope each of you has a wonderful and fabulous weekend!! Thank you for spending the week reliving our wedding day! I am so glad I was finally able to share it all with you!!!

XoXo,

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a gorgeous wedding and you made a breathtaking bride!! Congrtulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! That wedding was gorgeous and so were you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures!! I loved all the vintage/antique treasures you were able to include!! So amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing details!!!! I LOVE the chairs and table for you and hubby to sit at!!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SERIOUSLY!? omg stop it with the cuteness.
    this was amazing! and how fun you guys got to get in your wedding duds AGAIN for pics! love it all. great job gf!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Lauran!

    oh my goodness, your wedding was BEAUTIFUL. i adore your bouquet and you were an absolutely stunning bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just started following your blog & i adore it!
    This year I am trying to make my dreams come true.

    follow back please & thank you!
    <3 kristin

    http://obsesspresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow!! This is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. So so glad you found my blog, so that I could find yours.

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete