meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken from Skinnytaste!

Simply put, I love Skinnytaste! I have whipped up a few recipes from here and this one is definitely one of my favorites!!! It was easy to prepare and baked up quickly in the oven! Easy Peasy for a week night meal! Serve with sides of your choice {we opted for baked sweet potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli} and dinner is done!

I prepared the chicken for two people so I made modifications to accomadate our serving size!

Here is what you need for 4 servings:

2 slices of center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled {I actually used 3 pieces because we LOVE bacon in our home}
3 jalapenos, chopped {remove seeds for milder} {I used 1 jalapeno and no seeds}
3 oz 1/3 less fat free cream cheese, softened {I used 3 oz of fat free cream cheese, as I LOVE cheese}
4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack {Sargento} {I didn't measure out the cheese, just eyeballed it and I used the Harris Teeter brand shredded cheddar jack}
2 tbsp chopped scallions {I actually forgot to purchase scallions at the store, so I just chopped up an onion}
8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz. each {I had 2 chicken breast and cut them both in half, to make 4 pieces, and then pounded them thin with a meat tenderizer}
1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs {I used plain breadcrumbs and mixed in Italian seasoning. I also used 1/4 cup instead of half}
1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of {I used 1/2 of a lime leftover from a meal earlier in the week}
1 tbsp olive oil {I eyeballed this!}
salt and fresh pepper
olive oil non-stick spray

Directions:

According to Gina, at Skinnytaste, Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. {I actually just lined tin foil on a baking sheet}.

Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeno and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.

Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out {though our cheese oozed out because I used a bit more than I should have}.

Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.

Bake for 22-25 minutes, serve immediately. {I baked ours for 30 minutes, just because I am always overly cautious of cooking chicken and want to make sure it's completely done}.

Serve immediately!

This is what mine looked liked but you can check out more detailed photos of Gina's recipe here.

Don't judge my photo taking skills! I know they are lacking... a lot! ;)


The hubby and I both really enjoyed it and because I made four chicken pieces I had one left over for lunch the next day! It was just as good as the night before!

What are yall cooking for dinner tonight?!



2 comments: