meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Hair Routine - Straight Biz!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend and took a few moments to really reflect on why we have such a weekend!

I get asked a lot about what products I use on my hair, especially when I straighten it! I figured I would share my straightening hair routine with yall on this lovely Tuesday!!

To start, I wash my hair with Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky 2 +1 Shampoo and Conditioner. I don’t use this for “flakes” I just find that it keeps my scalp healthy and my products from building up!

I then condition my hair with Suave Keratin Infusion Smoothing Conditioner. I really am not picky about my conditioner. I usually pick up one that hydrates, smoothes, or both.

Once I’m out of the shower, I towel dry my hair, brush through it and spray Aussie Aussome Volume Spray Gel onto my roots. Then I spray TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray all over from root to ends.

When blow drying I usually flip my head over until it is pretty much dry and once it is about 95% done I flip back over and use a large paddle brush to smooth it out. After that I just section my hair and run my flat iron through each piece until straight.

This whole process takes about 30 – 45 minutes {One of the BIGGEST reasons why I only wash my hair twice a week}. Regardless of the time I’m really glad I have finally found hair products {that are inexpensive} that allow me to style my hair the way I want. I really believe a huge part of it is the shampoo! It helps the smoothing and straightening of my hair when blow drying and keeps it from becoming frizzy!

Hope you darlings are having a lovely 4 day week so far!! Come visit tomorrow for What I'm Loving Wednesday!!

Xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment