meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The DIYin', Honest, Unicorn Loving Momma - Meet Michelle!

I am very excited to introduce you to today's sponsor!! She's a mommy to two precious wee ones {seriously, they are darling children - check out her little man and his mohawk and bowtie below - i die!} and a wife to one sweet hubby! We met through a link up, which she hints on, and the coolest part is that we don't live far from each other at all! It's a shame we haven't arranged a blate yet, but being that she and her family are looking for a home in my area, it may happen a lot sooner than later! Y'all enjoy Michelle! She is one hilarious momma and I love and appreciate her sense of humor, it keeps me reading! 

Hi!  It's so nice to have the opportunity meet all of your lovely faces today.  

My name is Michelle and this is me.  I blog at Let It Shine.  It's pretty much about shenanigans.


The first thing you should know is my faith drives everything I do.  I'm sure that for some of you I might be eliciting an eye roll and some a high five, but it's simply the truth.  I might not talk about it all the time, but make no mistake, it's always there.  Behind the scenes I am always thanking Jesus for this beautiful life of mine.  I am happily married and we have two kids.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Hand me a chambray shirt and I'll be just about the standard blogger cliche.  :)  I like to sew, take pictures of my adorable, mouthy rugrats, and laugh.  I love to laugh.  Good thing I have an awkward sense of humor and a husband and kids who have no shortage of mishaps, giggles, and general silliness.


Like what, you may ask?  How about the time my daughter announced to Taco Bell that her brother was a Queen?  Or the time my one year old wrote me a letter.  Yeah, okay, I might have wrote that letter for him.  Or perhaps the time we road tipped it.  It doesn't end there people, my family is always doing something off the wall.


If you've read Lauran's blog for a hot second I'm sure you've seen her do the Friday's Letters link-up.  It's actually how she and I met.  I prefer to take a deviation from the usual and try to make my Friday's Letters a little more comical than the norm.  Sometimes on Fridays I skip the letters and do confessions.  People really seem to like it when I confess things, but honestly, there's only so many things a girl can confess without having to invoke the fifth amendment.  I might have to put them on hold for a while.  Not.



I also tend to work some of my sillier quirks into the blog.  I have a childish love for unicorns.  Really I don't know why more people don't love them, they are awesome.  Occasionally I also like to poke fun at dinosaurs for their short, short arms.  I know, it's easy to poke fun at extinct animals.  In my defense, I think they're extinct because all they had to fight with was their tails.  Their poor little arms were just so short.

My last love is tutorials and DIYs.  Frugal isn't just my middle name, it's a way of life.  Creating things on your own gives me sense of accomplishment that is just not attainable by watching an entire season of White Collar on Netflix in one day.  I have a DIY Stocking tutorial, a basic skirt tutorial, and a tutorial on how to turn an old pair of jeans into a skirt.  Sewing is so much fun.  I'm still a beginner but I love to learn new tricks.  I do other crafts too, like this Pinterest Challenge.  I also feature just about any DIY project you can do.  Just email me and I'll feature you (for free!) on my blog.



So yeah, that's pretty much me.  I'd love it if you'd come over and join me.  It's never a dull moment in my house.  Thank you Lauran for letting me invade your space today!

Seriously? Michelle must realize I am all thumbs when it comes to most DIY projects! I am definitely going to have to check out her basic skirt tutorial! I've had a sewing machine for almost a year and I should probably put it to use! I do have to argue that I feel pretty accomplished when I watch a full season of White Collar in one day!! At least I can't ruin anything while watching a full season! I could ruin a lot with a DIY challenge and I could even lose some fingers in the process, who knows?! Regardless of my DIYin skills, y'all should visit Michelle's blog and get your crafting on! She's pretty inspiring when it comes to DO IT YOURSELF! 

If you are interested in FREE Sponsorship with my blog, I am now booking for the month of April and May. Please email me at Lauran.Huffman@gmail.com if you would like to be a part of The Real Young Housewife family! XoXo!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh that mohawk!! They are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ashley in her above statement....they are precious! Michelle is pretty great herself...and so is her siter. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete