meet lauranOUR LOVE STORYBABY REEFSPONSORCONTACTASK

Friday, April 13, 2012

My Makeup Routine!

My post is a bit late today, however it's better than never right?!

I've chatted about how during the week my makeup routine is pretty minimal, however when I do get all dolled up I go ALL out! Here is the scoop:

I start out of course, by washing and prepping my face. I've just put Proactive back into my routine which includes, Cleanser, Toner, and Repair lotion. In the morning I add the Oil Free SPF 15 moisturizer to my face.


Then I prime my skin, with Bare Minerals, Prime Time Oil Control Foundation Primer.



Next comes my concealer and foundation. I am a huge Bare Mineral's fan so I use their products of course! My concealer color, currently, is Honey Bisque and my foundation is Golden Medium. I have been tanning (I know, I know, super super bad) so I had to go a little darker on the makeup.


After that I usually color in my eyebrows! I have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes so I have to darken them as to not look completely washed out. I go the cheap route on this and use Wet'N'Wild eyebrow pencils! They are about a buck and last forever!


Then, I move on to my eyes! I have oily skin so I prime my eyelids first so that my eyeshadow will last throughout the entire day! Bare Mineral's Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer saves the day!




Next comes color! I'm not picky about eye shadows and tend to mostly use samples from Estee Lauder that my Mother-in-law gives me! I have TONS of them in a variety of color palettes so I never get bored! 



Once again because of my oily skin, I also have difficulty finding eyeliner that doesn't run or smudge, that was, until I tried Bare Minerals Weather Everything Liner Sealer! This stuff is NO JOKE! You can mix it with ANY kind of eyeshadow and it turns into liquid liner! I just use a black shadow from Bare Minerals! I haven't gotten the nerve to try other colors! 


Once my eyeliner is set, I brush my lashes with whatever mascara I am using at the time! I'm a sucker for those Mascara commercials that promise lots of length and volume so I am always trying new ones. Right now I'm using Loreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes and I actually REALLY like it! 


I then coat my cheeks with a little bit of blush! Back to the Bare Mineral's I go!! I'm honestly not sure what exact color it is, but it looks a lot like this one pictured! 


My second to last step is sealing it all in with the Bare Mineral's Mineral Veil. This gives my face a very airbrushed and smooth look!


Lastly, I spray Urban Decay All Night Make Up Setting Spray all over my face to set the makeup! My wedding makeup artist, Sarah Smith from Kiss & Makeup introduced me to this amazing stuff! 


I of course top it all off with a hint of lip gloss of whatever I have hidden in the depths of my purse or makeup bag! 

I know it seems like a lot, but I can usually apply all within 20 minutes, depending on how detailed I get my my eyes and how much coverage I want! If you have yet to try Bare Minerals I highly suggest you do! Their makeup is great for sensitive skin and I can't get over how much clearer my skin is since I started using it over 2 years ago! 

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday evening and a fabulous weekend!!! See you loves on Monday!!

Xoxo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment